Thursday, June 30, 2011

Perfect

Photograph by Jonas Peterson

Since our engagement, my life has been consumed by wedding planning. For the past 35 days I haven't eaten, thought, spoken, dreamed, lived, breathed anything other than "wedding, wedding, wedding." It is amazing how much time and work goes into this machine and how it just sucks you in, in a strange sort of way. It's beautiful and exciting but definitely strange, or perhaps unfamiliar. At times, in the middle of the planning frenzy, I stop myself and and say "Wow, I'm really getting married."

Without a doubt, the wedding day is something so beautiful, so joyous, so momentous. It is for us. It is for me. I am looking forward to celebrating this day. But with every day, every appointment, every dress I try on, it becomes clearer and clearer that it isn't a celebration of a day. That it never was about the day. It has always been a celebration of the beginning of a beautiful journey together, our lives together. We are writing the first page of our story - together. All of a sudden the things that consume me at the time, whether it be dress, the date, the venue, the invitations, the time of year, the weather, even the food (!) for that matter, are just not that important anymore. That no matter how hard I try to foolishly make it perfect, it will be perfect not matter what, that it has been perfect all along, that it will unfold just the way it is supposed to. It has so far. And that is perfect.

Now I am in the process of searching for a photographer that will help us to tell our story - and that fits our budget. That is easier said that done. So many talented people out there! I have recently stumbled upon photographs of real weddings on this website oncewed.com. What these photographers are able to capture is nothing less than magical. One of the many photographers I love is Jonas Peterson. Check out his website when you get a chance. Even if you are not getting married :). What he does is nothing less than breathtaking!

Photograph by Jonas Peterson
Happy eating!

J

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your engagement! Have you heard of http://www.kennykim.com/? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey onni~ Those are some fabulous photos! I'm so excited to come to your wedding! Joachim told me it will be down in SC~ I bet it's going to be just so beautiful! Maybe we'll make a roadtrip of it~
    Lots of love,
    Emilie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Esther - Yes I have heard of him. As a matter of fact, I have met him. He is incredibly talented, but unfortunately not in our price range :(.

    Emilie - I'm very excited. We are all making a vacation out of it and staying down there for a week. Hopefully I will see you before then though!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails