Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Ordering in on a lazy night


Il Pollo Capriccioso

Gnocchi Alla Sorrentina

As much as I love to cook, every once in a while it feels like a ordering-in kind of a night. In those moments I truly appreciate living in NYC. In most cities you are, most commonly, limited to Pizza or Chinese food. I am so fortunate in that there really is no limit here in NYC.

One of our favorite go-to places is Max restaurant. I have heard that the restaurant itself is quite cute and quaint on the inside, but we haven't physically been there. Somehow we always end up ordering in. Last night we ordered the Gnocchi Alla Sorrentina and the Il Pollo Capriccioso. The homemade gnocchi is soft and fluffy and simply melts in your mouth. The tomato sauce is sweet and salty at the same time. The cheese that is melted all throughout the sauce makes it creamy and simply fantastic. You'll want to lick your plate!! The Il Pollo Capriccioso is a thinly pounded, breaded chicken cutlet. It is served with arugula and diced plum tomatoes and a lemon wedge. I just love this dish. The fresh, peppery arugula and the sweet tomatoes with the chicken are the perfect combination. I love combining fresh ingredients with cooked food. I feel that it gives the food a different dimension.

I can highly recommend these 2 dishes! If you want to visit the restaurant (or order in!) here is their information:

Max's
181 Duane St. (between Greenwich & Hudson St.)
New York, NY 10013
212.966.5939

Happy eating!!

J


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails