Friday, June 25, 2010

World Cup Wings

I have to admit, I'm not a chicken wing lover. SB on the other hand is a HUGE lover of the chicken wing. It's probably fair to say that it is in his top 5 all time favorite things to eat. So needless to say I've made a wing or two.

I have a few different recipes up my sleeve, but the World Cup Wings are some of his favorite. I make them ALL the time for all kinds of sporting events that we host and they are always a big hit! What's great is that they are SO EASY to make!

All you need is:
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Paprika
  • 2 cups Flour
  • Vegetable or Canola oil
  • May Ploy sweet chili sauce
Heat the vegetable/canola oil to about 375 degrees in a deep wide pot (If you have a deep fryer that's great but if you don't that's just fine. I actually don't have one - so it works just as well). While the oil is heating up you can prepare the wings. Blot the wings with papertowels - you don't want them to be too wet. Season with salt, pepper and paprika. Put the flour in a large bowl and toss the seasoned wings in the flour. Shake the excess flour off before dropping the wings into the hot oil. Make sure you don't crowd the pot too much. You don't want to bring the oil temperature down too much. Fry for about 13-15 minutes (cooking time depends on the size of the wings. In my experience 15 minutes has pretty much work for me every time). Take the wings out and set them on papertowels to let some of the excess oil drain. Then toss the hot wings in the May Ploy sauce (right out of the bottle! May Ploy is a Thai sweet chili sauce and it is absolutely delicious.). And they are ready to be eaten! You can of course serve them with a side of Blue Cheese dressing or Ranch or eat them plain. From what I hear, equally tasty :).

Happy eating!!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails